The good news is that these days you don’t need to spend a lot of time or money marketing your hotels if you know what you’re doing. Some of the tips we offer are basic while others may take a bit of effort to implement. In both cases, you may see your hotel revenue increase if you put them to work for you at your hotel investment properties.
Tips for Hospitality Marketing
1. Professionalism – While cute or funny advertisements may seem like a good idea at the time, it’s important to remain professional in the eyes of the public at all times. This is a sure-fire way to win over hearts and minds when it comes to the hospitality industry.
2. Testimonials – Do you know the main reason most businesses – including hotels – don’t get positive testimonials from customers or guests? It’s simple – they don’t ask! That’s it, the big secret. To make them even better, try to get video testimonials from your guests.
3. Beyond a Basic About Us – Is there a story behind your hotel? Maybe a local story or celebrity who is connected to the hotel in some way? If so, share that information with the public. Make your hotel seem different than all the others, in a good way.
4. Solve Problems – Another big “secret” is using marketing to solve problems for guests. Give them a reason to see your hotel as a way to scratch an itch they might not have known they had before they saw your advertisement.
5. Have a Superior Website – Yes, everyone has a website these days. That’s why it’s important to go the extra mile and make sure yours is useful and optimized for search engines and conversions – there’s a huge difference between the two.
6. Short and Succinct – Bigger isn’t always better when you’re talking about marketing for the hospitality industry. Make your message catchy and easy to remember and share online. This can help a marketing campaign go viral.
7. Language Matters – Depending on where your hotel is located, you should pay close attention to the languages you use for your marketing efforts. This is especially important if you’re dealing with hotels in non-English speaking countries.
8. Geo Targeting – This type of marketing allows you to send a specific message to people in a certain geographical area. It’s a good idea to have separate ad campaigns for different areas. Laser targeting as many demographic points as possible is good.
Choose a Hotel Marketing Agency
If you decided that your hotel marketing campaign should be handled by professionals, we recommend you to choose the agency carefully. It is necessary for the company that will handle your marketing campaign to be situated in the country where your hotel is located. This guarantees the company’s knowledge and experience with regard of this specific market operations. It is also important for the company’s name to be connected to some major brand of hotel operators or property developers. Make sure that the company has perfect track record and more than one hotel in its portfolio.